LGBT Detroit is seeking Building Services Coordinator to clean and sanitize the
facilities and to set up for scheduled activities. This is a part time
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide minor repairs and beautification to facilities, as directed
- Offer recommendations for operations and facility improvement
- Attend staff meetings
- Assume responsibility for ensuring that a clean and safe workplace is maintained.
- Grounds Maintenance
- Compliance to all policies and procedures
- Coordinates and schedules small to mid-size projects and renovations.
- Performs key role in the oversight of structural maintenance and building operations
- Assists with oversight of preventative maintenance program and recommends new preventative maintenance items.
- Coordinates inspections to insure compliance with codes and safety regulations.
- On-call for building emergencies.
Skills and Experience: Ability to interact diplomatically with faculty, staff, and students. Good
interpersonal and problem-solving skills essential. Ability to work independently and without immediate supervision. Knowledge of routine custodial practices and methods; equipment, chemicals, and materials used in cleaning processes; Skill in planning and organization.Position
Requirements:Flexible work schedule as needed. (weekdays and/or weekends, including some evenings)commercial custodial / housekeeping experience. Ability to lift minimum 50 lbs. Exhibit sensitivity to and knowledge of LGBT issues and communities. High sense of commitment to the
EmployerApplicants should submit cover letter and resume to