TITLE: Constituent Services Coordinator REPORTS TO: District Director
▪ Monitor and update the Member and District Director on district and local issues;
▪ Answer casework correspondence and verbal communications with constituents; and
▪ Act as liaison with federal, district, and local agencies for the Member and constituents.
▪ Acts as the grassroots representative for the Member within Pontiac, West Bloomfield, Keego Harbor, Sylvan Lake and Orchard Lake Village including answering casework correspondence, verbal communications with constituents, and acting as liaison with federal, district, and local agencies;
▪ Acts as liaison and interfaces with city, county, district, and federal officials, and other persons or groups to form effective relationships with the Member;
▪ Handles all Social Security and U.S. Postal Service, casework assignments;
▪ Works with the District Press Assistant to ensure appropriate media participation when assigned the lead role on a Member-hosted event;
▪ Assist with event planning, and coordination of district-led events;
▪ Assesses casework for problems requiring legislative action and makes recommendations to the District Director;
▪ Continually screens active cases and acts as liaison with constituents to ensure that their cases are handled responsively;
▪ Informs the District Director of all happenings in Social Security and Postal Service by screening district media sources and interacting with constituents;
▪ Logs in all incoming and outgoing mail and incoming telephone calls relating to casework;
▪ Maintains up-to-date files on all cases and categories of information of importance to the office, and performs other duties as assigned.
▪ Monitors scheduled district meetings for the Member with constituents in assigned areas.
▪ Prepares weekly reports for the District Director on pending cases and district activities in assigned issue areas;
▪ Screens and refers cases, when appropriate, to other district offices;
▪ Staff lead for the district internship program; trains and supervises interns, to handle office matters such as logging incoming and outgoing correspondence, handling visitors, telephone calls, and computer operations;
▪ Staff lead for the Congressional Art Challenge; prepares all recruitment materials, oversee the judging portion of the event, the reception and mailing of materials to D.C.
▪ Staff the member as assigned by the District Director; staffing includes providing advance at an event before the member arrival and driving the Member to and from events.
▪ Works a flexible schedule including long hours, nights, and weekends;
Interested applicants can send a cover letter and resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.