Michigan State Director - All On The Line
The National Redistricting Action Fund, an affiliate of the National Democratic Redistricting Committee seeks a Michigan State Director to implement the All On The Line campaign. The Michigan State Director will create and execute a statewide plan to support All On The Line’s mission to raise awareness about the harmful impact gerrymandering has on policymaking, encourage participation in activities that defend democratic ideals, and increase grassroots engagement in every step of the redistricting process. State Directors will manage in-state political relationships and serve as the public face of the organization in the state to promote coordination and collaboration with state partners. The State Director will also provide direction, guidance and support on the training and tactics utilized in pursuit of achieving fair maps.
● Help plan and define the scope of the All On The Line campaign in-state
● Work closely with external partners and existing coalitions to implement political and grassroots tactics
Track developments in the local legislative and reform landscape that may affect the campaign’s mission
● Work across diverse communities to help ensure a fair count in the 2020 Census
● Communicate campaign goals to various stakeholders including elected officials
Capability to manage partner relationships, experts, and volunteers as needed
● Build increased capacity for maximum impact via grassroots advocacy, education and mobilization efforts
● Previous statewide non-profit, electoral or advocacy campaign management, and/or state legislative experience
● Previous experience in Michigan
● Previous experience building and maintaining collaborative, coalition-based relationships
● Strong relationships with other organizations and state policymakers working on democracy issues
● Demonstrated experience working in and building relationships in diverse communities
● Ability to think creatively and solve problems quickly
● Previous experience with grassroots and community organizing preferred
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● A good sense of humor and a strong commitment to making the world a better place
● Other duties as needed
Salary will be commensurate with experience. NRAF offers a generous benefits package, including health insurance, vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. The position is a full-time, exempt position based in Michigan.
Women, people of color, and persons with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply.
Click on the link below for more information: